This Blog is going to be undergoing some changes in the coming days. Don’t get me wrong, I still love to hear myself talk, but I want to refocus a bit on what I hear myself talk about. So here are some things that I plan to change, and things I plan to keep the same.
First, what’s not going anywhere, or else will be more of:
- Advice for online business, just no longer strictly limited to Second Life
- Free cool stuff I made, to download and enjoy, including some of the printables I’ve already added.
- Talk about mental illness and video game addiction. It’s a day-to-day process and I know it helps me to know I’m not alone, so who knows, maybe that will help someone else too.
- The Know-It-All Pages are totally staying, but will likely be updated.
- Occasional sweary rants. Where the fuck else am I gonna?
- Cats. Because we all must do our part to power the Internet.
What’s going, or else you won’t see further:
- Things I made that are on the Second Life Marketplace, largely because I’m not even in Second Life anymore. Because of that I no longer offer support for things I’ve made in the past. The listings will remain, mostly for sentimentality’s sake, but you’re on your own to stumble cheerfully upon them. I’ll be deleting posts here that link to them in the coming days.
- In-character stories. They hearken back to my earliest days of this blog, and were fun at the time, but I think ultimately are a little confusing the way they bleed between RL and RP, as well as more than a little self-serving. And, they remind me of a time in my past that I think I’d do just as well to not remind myself of.
- My personal stuff, except as it relates to the first list.
- Announcements for past events in Second Life will be deleted. Too confusing.
So, in conclusion, if you want to have a record of some of the things I’ve written or listed in the past, get ’em before they’re gone.
Taking your family or Household to an SCA event, and you’re in charge of food? Make life a little easier with this FREE printable menu planner. Download this .pdf, print it out, and you’re off and running! Includes space to write your meal plan, a chart of serving sizes, and a grocery list space.
Click HERE to download
- Do not resell this design, do not upload this design for others to download and claim it as yours. Instead please link here to direct people to it.
- Do not resell printed versions of this design or claim them as yours.
- Free for personal use. Print it and use it as many times as you like. You can give some to your friends for personal use too, but I’d like it even more if you sent them here to get their own. Plus, I mean, it saves your printer ink that way.
- If you like it, tell people where ya got it!
Make sure you’ve bookmarked this site to see even MORE free printables for you and your friends to enjoy.
Got a big Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) event coming up? Here’s a free pre-event checklist, with a classy medieval style, for you to print out and use. I hope you find it greatly useful.
Click here to download!
- Do not sell this design, distribute it with your name on it for free, or otherwise claim it’s yours. Send people here to get it for free please.
- That goes for the printed version too. You can print some out and share them with friends, but I’d like it even more if you sent them here for it. Plus, I mean, it saves your printer ink that way.
- Free for personal use.
- Not all printers, and not all printer ink, is created equal. It may not come out exactly the same colors as you see on the screen.
EDIT: I got the URL wrong at the end! It’s http://second-pride.com , with a dash.
Just a little video I made today.
Now that I’m done with it I’m not sure what to do with my Second Life.
So I mentioned having to cancel the party I planned last night. Instead I popped into Toot Toot’s Carolina Pub in the sim of Sifton, to pay a visit to my friend Symmetry and the rest of the good crowd that can often be found there. I had my cake dress on and announced that this would now be my birthday party.
I whipped out the camera and nabbed some video. Here it is.
P.S.: Just an added bit of trivia, this just happens to be my 666th blog post.
(tune: “Sumer is a-cumen in”, 13th C. English)
Black Friday is comin’ in
Loud I say “Hell no”
Papers swell and shoppers yell
And shopping traffic grow
Say “Hell no!”
Bold employees brave the crowds
Damned if their paychecks grow
Outside in the snow
Hell no! Hell no!
Wisely say “Hell no”
And online shopping go
(c)2013 Laura Foster/Mistletoe Ethaniel