Tutorials and articles about business in SL. Please note: many contain information or reference to dated technology (such as XStreet Magic Boxes and Sculpts), so read with that in mind.
The Content Creator’s Supplementary Guide to Business in SL
This one’s the biggie. “There are some great articles out there on SL commerce and I’ll point you to them as I go along. I want to talk about some of the things I’ve learned, what works, what didn’t work, what will hopefully work for you.”
- A Word on Branch Shops
- What LL Has Taught Me About Business
- Ure Gonna Love This One. – What not to do when inviting merchants into your marketplace.
- Grid-Wide Hunts, Revisited.
- Writing an Excellent Marketplace Listing.
- Advertising Doesn’t Cost… Except When it Does.
- Your Shop: Build and Design for your Target Audience
- Virtual Business: One Question To ALWAYS Ask Yourself
- Moving Your Business: Making a Smooth Transition
- Ten Ways to Jump-Start Stagnant Sales
- Why People Leave your Shop In the First 2 Minutes
- FAIL (or, how to lose customers and negatively influence people)
- Is “Loud” the New “Good”?
- Blogging Your In-World Business