You know I love my old-fashioned small-town 1910s community of Philomena. Well lately I’ve been inspired to make some things for St. Patrick’s Day festivities and to start, here’s a matching pair of costumes I made.
Ladies, Gentlemen, Friends, Neighbors, and Avatars of all ages and sizes! You’re invited to come see the debut of a show I’ve spent weeks building from the ground up. “8 Bits We Have Heard on High” is a retro Christmastime fireworks and music spectacular, full of light, color, and nostalgia. This is an all-ages friendly show in cozy Glenwalker Park, in the modern city of Lionheart, which starts at 5PM SLT and runs for about 20 minutes (so don’t be late or you’ll miss it!)
Please wear a low-impact avatar to the show and be considerate of other viewers.
Don’t miss the explosive pixellated fun TONIGHT, December 1, at 5 PM SLT!
And I have NO FREAKIN IDEA what I’m gonna play. I think my plan will be to just hit Shuffle and see where it goes. It’s an eclectic venue. I could pull this off.
Also, I’m building my own fireworks effects and getting ready for a super cool fireworks show next week for the Good People at Faery Crossing. They’re celebrating Samhain which is Kind of a Big Deal for pagan-type and faery-type folks and I’m always trying to stretch my creative muscles to come up with new effects for my shows.
A good friend of mine is talking about stepping out of SL altogether and while– for purely selfish reasons– I wish he’d stick around, I want my friend to be happy and in good mental health. So we’ll see how that goes. If he does decide to close his community I know a GREAT demolitions person.
Image is from some anime doll maker and I don’t remember which one.
So. I’ve done two fireworks shows since returning inworld. I’ve also rented a shop space, not really that I have a whole lot to sell but I have a little and it feels good to have a home base. I set up a sewing machine and a crude counter in there so it feels like a work studio.
I love that Philomena is still a place, if a slightly different iteration than I recall. It’s really really surreal knowing there’s a street named after me. I’m just this elf, ya know?
Pass it on! I’ll be giving my first fireworks show in four years this Sunday (April 29th) at 7:30 PM SLT at Toot Toots Carolina Pub in the sim of Sifton (SLurl to be added soon)!
The theme is “Spring Spectacular” and will feature uplifting classical music to accompany the beautiful explosions from Bach, Beethoven, Strauss, and more! Watch the sky fill with beauty as the music makes your heart soar with the end of winter and the coming of Spring.
Tell your friends, and join the Manic Elf Media group for more announcements of upcoming fireworks performances. See you Sunday night!
Taking your family or Household to an SCA event, and you’re in charge of food? Make life a little easier with this FREE printable menu planner. Download this .pdf, print it out, and you’re off and running! Includes space to write your meal plan, a chart of serving sizes, and a grocery list space.
- Do not resell this design, do not upload this design for others to download and claim it as yours. Instead please link here to direct people to it.
- Do not resell printed versions of this design or claim them as yours.
- Free for personal use. Print it and use it as many times as you like. You can give some to your friends for personal use too, but I’d like it even more if you sent them here to get their own. Plus, I mean, it saves your printer ink that way.
- If you like it, tell people where ya got it!
Make sure you’ve bookmarked this site to see even MORE free printables for you and your friends to enjoy.
Got a big Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) event coming up? Here’s a free pre-event checklist, with a classy medieval style, for you to print out and use. I hope you find it greatly useful.
- Do not sell this design, distribute it with your name on it for free, or otherwise claim it’s yours. Send people here to get it for free please.
- That goes for the printed version too. You can print some out and share them with friends, but I’d like it even more if you sent them here for it. Plus, I mean, it saves your printer ink that way.
- Free for personal use.
- Not all printers, and not all printer ink, is created equal. It may not come out exactly the same colors as you see on the screen.