I’m snooping at SL11B. My build is done, I’ve got time to kill, so I’m sneaking a look around the grounds.
But it’s not enough that I’m snooping, oh no.
I’m also taking notes.
I’m Landmarking those builds that I especially like, that I want to visit again, that I want to show my friends when the gates open on June 22nd. I’m compiling a list of them. I’m thinking of calling the list the Green Guide, kind of as a homage to (or else outright theft from) Crap Mariner’s map that he published last year of SL10B. Builds he didn’t like were red. Builds that were good-but-not-great were yellow. But the ones that he really liked, he marked as green on his map. This will be a list of what I would mark as green on my map, if I felt like making a map. And I don’t.
Your build might be in the Green Guide. Or it may not. It may not have a hope in hell of making the Green Guide.
I can tell you why a build did not make the Green Guide:
- I simply haven’t seen it yet.
- It wasn’t started, or else not close enough to completion, at the time I snooped the parcel.
- I couldn’t find my way into your giant box of nothing.
- I found myself asking, “What’s the point of this?” and not seeing anything that could answer.
- It was an obvious advertisement.
- It was a tacky build. I know tacky’s in the eye of the beholder, but this is my list, so guess whose eye is doing the beholding.
- It had a giant, long stairway or ramp… that led to nothing. Or else, led to something that could just as easily have been on the ground.
- It used a bunch of Aley’s freebies and wasn’t a build made by Aley.
- It had a list of instructions longer than my arm, just so I could see the build.
- It didn’t function the way it was supposed to.
Now I’m not going to publish a Red Guide, I’ll leave that up to the evil robot. I’m also not going to leak the Green Guide until Opening Day (the 22nd). From now until then, I’ll keep snooping, keep landmarking, and keep compiling. Good luck.