Whenever the calendar flips over I make sure I get all my shop chores (mostly) done and this month was no exception. Anyone who ever says that a SL business isn’t work is either a damn liar or so clueless they don’t know how much money they’ve lost yet. Admittedly it’s not as much nor as demanding work as in RL, but my whole day “off” was spent doing work for my virtual shop.
I’m able to cross the following off the to-do list today (not necessarily in order):
- Total up my net sales for October (by the way: more than double last October! Woo hoo!)
- Start a new spreadsheet to total up November sales
- Send manual invites to the shop group to all the latest customers (this is really more a weekly or semiweekly chore for me)
- Take down the October (read: Halloween) decorations in the shop
- Put up the November (read: Thanksgiving) decorations in the shop
- Change over the Seasonal vendor in the shop to November
- Make two new items: Green Bean Casserole and Pumpkin Spice Tea
- Get aforementioned items photographed, boxed, loaded into the vendors, and listed on Marketplace
- Sent out weekly group announcement about Guy Fawkes (Nov. 5th) and Jacket Potatoes
- Got said Jacket Potatoes listed on Marketplace
- Paid the shop rent
- Blogged about it all just now!
Fortunately, thanks a million to Miyo’s awesome tutorial, my Marketplace uploads are automatically Tweeted as they’re created, saving me a ton of time there.
The other part that was easy and not a chore at all: made a few thousand Ls in sales. 😀
So, yeah. I started at about 11-ish AM and I’m wrapping it up at about 11-ish PM. It’s time to punch out.