So there’s a newish post at the SL Revolution (or as Hawks calls it, “The Rev”; ’cause all the cool kids have abbreviations. I’m not going to start calling my blog LITDF because it’s way less cool and I never claimed to be one of the cool kids anyway), listing 20 things the poster has never done [link] in SL. After reading it over and going “done it, done it, do it all the time…” I decided I’d give such a list a go. Considering my being an immigrant into a different country, I’m going to broaden mine a bit to be 20 things I’ve never done in a virtual world. Some of them I hope to get to, some I never wish to attempt.
1. I’ve never made a pose or animation.
2. I don’t think I’ve ever NOT had some kind of business going.
3. I’ve never owned my own sim.
4. I’ve (also, like the original list author) never met anyone in person that I’ve met in a virtual world.
5. I’ve never been in a Gorean RP sim (except to shop, and that very briefly).
6. I’ve never had a female avatar who was an escort in a virtual world (you notice the gender specification…)
7. I’ve never cheated on my RL spouse with anyone in a virtual world (by which I mean actively practiced to deceive him in any way. He knows all.).
8. I’ve never tried anything sexual in a virtual world that I haven’t done in RL, with the exception of having a partner other than my husband.
9. I’ve never been a neko (that I can recall).
10. I’ve never been a vampire (that I can recall).
11. I’ve never been lambasted in a fug blog (that I know of)
12. I’ve never owned prim feet, prim tits, or a prim ass. I do however have prim ears.
13. I’ve never passed off ripped content as my own.
14. I’ve never been interviewed for a SL or OL related podcast.
15. I’ve never organized a grid-wide hunt.
16. I’ve never invented anything in a virtual world that made me thousands of dollars (or more).
17. I’ve never owned/rented a bot avatar.
18. I’ve never shot/produced my own machinima in a virtual world.
19. I’ve never won the Linden Prize.
20. I’ve never owned a talking tummy; not even an “evil” one for the purpose of mockery.
So there you are. See the original post, and maybe see if there’s a list of 20 things you haven’t done either.