Seven Isles is one of the very few family-friendly medievalish RP sims I know of. By family-friendly I mean that child avatars are not only welcome, but encouraged. The sim is Moderate, meaning that there’s a time and a place (for example, they have occasional Skyclad dances at which young’uns aren’t allowed, and of course what adult avs do in their own homes is up to them). They’re not victims of Too Much Serious, like so many RP sims can be; they keep things in character (mostly) and will have the occasional ridiculously silly event (like Chocobo races).
The problem is, the sim is feeling the pinch of these lean economic times. Despite all their hard work and prudent business-sense, they’re losing money.
If you’re looking for a slavery-free medieval venue for a branch shop, this is your place.
If you’re looking for a place for family-friendly (read: stuff for kid avs) shopping, this is your place.
If you’re looking for a vacation home, or a home at all, in a real community with a medieval/fantasy bent, this is your place.
Oh, and did I mention, they’ve made the Destination Guide?
How can you help?
- Rent a branch shop location.
- Promote said branch location to your shop group.
- Only have a couple items? Consider the Curiosity Shoppe. Instead of rent, you pay a percentage of your sales.
- Go ye forth and play! Garb up and pay the Seven Isles a visit today, and see if you like it!
- Fill out the easy application to join the RP community! A vibrant community awaits you.
- Rent a home in Seven Isles! Whether you’re a bachelor, a newlywed, or part of a big family, there’s a place for you with a rental rate that beats the breeches off most RP sims.
Community Organizers/Event Planners:
- Plan an event at the Seven Isles! Be it a dance, a class, a fishing tourney, a lecture, a party… there are venues just waiting for you. Contact Corinda Taurus or Chernobyl Rasmuson for more info.
- Consider a regular, recurring activity at Seven Isles, such as storytime for kids (THIS IS A NOTE TO MYSELF), a weekly DJ set at the tavern, or more
- Sponsor an event. Donate a prize for a tourney, for example.
OK, now that I’ve made that appeal to all of you, I’m going to go to the Seven Isles right now to put my money and/or time where my mouth is. I hope you’ll all consider doing the same.